“Competition for Talent in Mexico's Automotive Industry: A Bajio Region Case” GlobalAutoIndustry.com Interview with Lourdes Quijas, former Director of GM Mexico and BMW Mexico
GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “Competition for Talent in Mexico's Automotive Industry: A Bajio Region Case” https://globalautoindustry.com/competition-for-talent-in-mexicos-automotive-industry-a-bajio-region-case/
features Lourdes Quijas. Ms. Quijas has 26 years of HR management expertise in Mexico. She is the former Director of HR at General Motors Mexico, and most recently Director of HR of the new BMW plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
In the 22-minute Audio Interview, Ms. Quijas discusses these questions:
· What is the scenario in Mexico in terms of automotive industry from your viewpoint?
· What is the main challenge you have in the area in terms of people?
· What factors do companies need to consider in order to phase out the competition for talent in Mexico?
· From your experience, what actions could companies consider in developing strategies to phase out this challenge on people?
· Are there additional considerations?
About Lourdes Quijas Jiménez:
Experience in Human Resources for more than 26 years leading areas such as Organizational Development , Change Management, Teamwork concept, Lean Manufacturing on HR , Safety culture, Training and Development process, Dual Training Programs as well leading multi-cultural environments in Automotive sector.
Experience on 3 major Launches of Greenfields: 1993 for GM Silao Plant, 2006 GM San Luis Potosí Plant and since 2015-2019 Board member on BMW Group San Luis Potosi Plant for the launch of new Assembly Plant in México introducing the new generation of Serie 3 model.
In addition, during 2009-210 Leading GM re structuring strategy for Mexico´s plants during economic crisis.
Click here to listen to the Audio Interview: